Sunday, May 18, 2008


Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3.... This is a test.... This is only a test... This has been a test... Did you pass the test?
Seems as though I've passed the preliminaries... I've gotten pass the first round, almost - but yea. Time for round 2, (or 3, or 4... I mean, whose really counting... everything is ultimately a test right?) people always say that life is a test...but then those same people also say that everything in life is a choice... I guess that makes sense, since a test consists of a certain number of choices that you decide which is the right one. So many choices, so many tests... It's amazing how diligently we all keep going.... so ready for the next... so ready to prove ourselves to ourselves. Sometimes though, it feels like some tests are set up for the taker to fail - and it is only when they don't that really matters - they have all those hard, trick questions, and they place you in situations that NO ONE would ever imagine being in... and the people who don't "pass" aren't given a runner up "blue ribbon" - they are failures... they didn't make it - they lose.
I'm not a loser, but I have failed many tests in my lifetime....
I'm actually making a "wrong choice" right now... choosing to write this nonsense instead of the things that are due in class tomorrow.... :)... but sometimes I'm content in my wrongness. Like - so what if it's the wrong choice... it's still my choice right? -- that is so wrong.... lol. But - the choices that you make while taking the current test you are taking - whatever it may be - determines the next test that is presented before you... kinda like one of those decide your own ending books... (I LOVED THOSE BOOKS!!!) - each time you read them - you would die a different way - and sometimes, even though I made different choices, I still died on the same page! -- choices are so important in the big scheme of tests... and since life is a test (well, that's what everyone says anyway) - all these choices that I make... are important... But, I have one qualm with the "life is a test" theory... cause, usually, all the tests that I take have an ending... as does life, but, after it's over - you get to see how you did, if you passed or not. And while we can stop and take a look at our progress throughout life, up until the present, life isn't over, until it's over -- how will you know how you did? - how can you make it better for the next one? How can you improve? so, no, maybe life itself isn't a test - it just consists of many tests... and I guess you can just add up the sum total of all the correct choices from those tests, and average it all out and throw in a division of your age or some crap like that in there to filter out the outrageous choices made only during certain periods of life, and then, I guess, that number - or whatever you would measure it in, would be your "life score"... - It's all subjective though... my life score for myself would be completely different than the 'life score" that someone else would give me ... but for the record... I think I'm passing right now... way about 90th percentile... :) okay - I've went on a rant as always.. this isn't even what I set out to write about -I set out to write about how accomplished that I feel for getting into grad school - it's funny how things just jump out of your mind when you're writing.... lol... later for that post then... :)

No comments: