Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Blue Mornings

Our schedules don't match.
You steal away in the middle of the night,
while my eyelids become cemented over my eyes.

They say "It's better that way" - I say:
'I miss the mornings'

waking to your arm over my torso,
or my breasts against your back.
That morning smell that is only captured in
the first hour of waking.
I miss the flutter of your lashes as you open your eyes -
which always seems like it's for the first time.

I'm patient though...more than most.
And I'm not hoppin' trains or jumping ship -
Like Brandy said "I wanna be down!", and I do!
I wanna be so low into you that...
I can't see any light from above, just you.
But sometimes I miss our mornings...


*just something I wrote b/c I had too much time on my hands last week - lol*

No comments: