Wednesday, September 19, 2012

In My Drafts

I wrote this post a while ago - it was sitting in my drafts folder. I'm just going to post everything that is in my drafts... They have been there forever and I have yet to go back and complete them...and honestly  - I probably wont. It's so hard to go back to the middle of a passage or thought that you were writing, and get the same inspiration from the source... anywho - this was the post...:

I learned at some point this week that it takes real strength to cry. Let me try to explain what I mean:

Apparently feeling bad about something, anything, in this western world is taboo. We are so focused on 'being okay' that we don't let our emotions take us to places that we were made to go as human beings... if we weren't supposed to cry, our tear ducts wouldn't weld up whenever we felt the urge. Crying is a reaction that I get often to ANY extreme emotion that I feel - anger, happiness, sadness, loneliness, even love... it helps me to recognize that the feeling that I'm feeling, whatever it is, is real, and that it's effected me, in ways that not a lot of things in this world can.
Just the other day, my daughter and I were in borders and she was reading this book, something like "the book of good things...or things that make me feel good" or whatever, and in the book it said "crying when I'm said makes me feel good" - she read that line, and then read it aloud again, and then she looked at me and uttered... "crying when you're sad doesn't feel good! It feels bad!"... and me, trying to be the best mommy I can be and wanting to teach her every lesson that I know she can't comprehend yet, spent the next 5 minutes trying to tell her why it feels good to cry. I guess there's truth in the statement, "you learn while you teach".

No comments: