Friday, January 23, 2009

"Stop This World" - Ne-Yo

Okay, so, I didn't know if I should put this on this blog, but, hey, it's mine and I can do whatever I want! I originally just wanted to put famous quotes or whatever here, but, I can't help do songs as well... I mean, they have quotes in them too! :) So, here is what I think about this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYxZ6moPP_8&feature=related

Okay... First, just let me say YES!!!!! Oh my Goodness.... Ne-yo, you fucking nailed it!!!! I think it's every womans dream to make a man feel like this... He did such a great job of explaining the feeling of just being in love. This song moved me so much - and yes, I'm a little bias since I'm a hopeless romantic... but, for real- for real... this song alone has made Ne-yo one of my favorite male artists. There are a few lines in the song I want to single out though, most of them are from the 2nd verse...:

I wanna start with the chorus...

" It's too good to be true
I don't deserve you
I never felt a love strong enough to
Stop this world from spinning"

Alright - wow, the last line is so powerful, and I don't think anyone who hasn't been in love will fully be able to apprehend what he's talking about. It's so beautiful when you are in this point in a relationship and it's sooooo good, that you don't even feel like you deserve to have it, just absolutely beautiful. The thing I like most about the last line is how he took the common saying "my world revolves around you" and took it to a whole other level - like, no, you have stopped my world, I'm am in complete awe - that's just how amazing your love is... like whoa dude.... ummm, can you teach seminars? hahahaha for real though. okay, moving on....

"In her smile is the most amazing dream
And in her eyes I fall asleep"

okay... another WOW moment.. maybe because I've experienced this myself.. it's been said that the eyes are the gateway to the soul, and I'm a believer - this line just paints the most beautiful picture of love in my mind... all the hope and promise that love carries and how it can really just feel so.... euphoric. This is absolutely my most favorite line.

Thank you Ne-yo for expressing love, in the most amazing way.

No comments: